Film screening followed by a panel discussion
On Thursday, October 20, 2022, the film screening „The Fighters“ followed by a panel discussion will take place at Frieda-Frauen*Zentrum.
The film „the Fighters“ is a documentary process in which more than dozens of incredible women* are interviewed.
They discuss migration, asylum, EU border policy, Frontex, the wars of the 20th and 21st century, colonialism, feminism, transphobia, queerness, capitalism, socialism, racism and exclusion, self-determination and self-organization, as well as the divided post-war Germany, the German Democratic Republic (GDR) and the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG), the reunited Germany and the Berlin Wall and its fall.
The film will be followed by a discussion with Denise Garcia Bergt (director) and some of the actors of the film.
Episodes we will watch:
1. In our culture we are collective (Sandra Bello, 7:28 min.),
2. Revolutionary friendship (Killa Kupfer, Shokoofeh Montazeri, 8:12 min.),
3. The Oranien-Platz movement was very important for me (Jennifer Kamau, 3:46 min.),
4. Life expectancy of a Trans Woman in Latin America is 35 years (Carolina Belen Espinoza Barrera, 7:15 min.),
5. Pandemic time: anti-Asian racism in Berlin (Dahye Yim, Heawon Chae, 10:08 min.),
6. East German history is officially white (Angelika Nguyen, 09:19 min.)
7. People, we can’t speak for everyone (Saraya Gomis, 11:50 min.)
Who: FRIEDA-Frauen*Zentrum e.V.
When: October 20, 2022 at 6 p.m.
Where: FRIEDA-Frauen*Zentrum e.V., Proskauerstr. 7, 10247 Berlin
This event is ONLY for WLINTA*.
Admission is free, but your donations are welcome.
Language: german and english
* This asterisk is intended to make clear that there is a whole range of gender identities (i.e. not just „female“ and „male“).