Statute of FRIEDA Frauen*zentrum e.V.
§ 1 Name, registered office, fiscal year
(1) The association bears the name „FRIEDA-Frauen*zentrum“.
(2) The registered office of the association is Berlin Friedrichshain/Kreuzberg.
(3) The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of the „Tax-privileged purposes“ section of the tax code.
(4) The fiscal year corresponds to the calendar year.
(5) The association aims to be registered in the Vereinsregister.
§ 2 Purpose of the association
(1) The purpose of the association is to promote equal rights for women* and men*, feminist work with an anti-racist approach and self-determination for women*. This statutory purpose is realized in particular by:
- Professional and individual counselling services for women* in difficult life situations
- Events, courses, groups and discussion groups for women* in need, especially single women* and single mothers*. This is intended to contribute to the prevention and avoidance of poverty among women* in all its manifestations and to improving the social position of women*.
- Implementation of women*’s culture and art forms for a social and cultural information network for women*
- Solidarity work to support women*, especially women* of color, refugee women* and migrants* who are affected by racism and intersectional experiences.
- Dissolution of colonial structures, institutional and systemic racism
- A political position against racism, classism, white supremacy, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, gender-based violence and other forms of discrimination. The association opposes hegemonic structures that lead to the oppression of marginalized women. The association reflects this in the identities of the employees.
(2) The purpose of the association is to promote youth welfare.
The purpose of the statute is realized in particular by:
- Social care, counselling as well as courses and group offers for participation in social life for both socially disadvantaged and individually impaired girls and young women* as well as girls* and young women* in special emergency and conflict situations.
- Measures and programs for the social integration of girls* and young women* with the aim of solving current social problems
- A formation of networks with communities, institutions and associations that give space and resources to those affected by structural racism and execute empowerment-based work.
§ 3 Selflessness
(1) The association is selflessly active, it does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes.
(2) The association works in solidarity with other public corporations and other tax-privileged corporations.
§ 4 Non-profit status
(1) Funds of the association may only be used for statutory purposes.
The members do not receive payments from the association.
(2) No person may benefit from expenses that are alien to the purpose of the association or from disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 5 Beginning and end of membership in the association
(1) Any person over the age of 14 can become a member. The prerequisite is that she is in fundamental agreement with the goals of the FRIEDA women*’s center and pays a contribution to the association.
The application to join the association must be made in writing to the board.
The decision on admission as a member of the association is made by the board of directors within 4 weeks of noticing the application. The applicant will be informed of the decision in writing.
In the event of a refusal, which does not have to be justified, the applicant can decide at the general meeting with a simple majority of those present at the request of the applicant.
The general assembly makes the final decision. The applicant must be present in person for the decision on their application to be made.
(2) Membership of the association ends through resignation, exclusion, breach of the obligation to contribute or death.
The resignation requires an informal written declaration to the board.
Expulsion is possible in the event of behavior that is harmful to the association. The exclusion becomes effective if 2/3 of the members present at the general meeting agree.
Membership in the association expires automatically if the association member is in arrears with 12 monthly contributions.
§ 6 Rights and obligations of the association members
(1) The members of the association have the right:
- to use the rooms of the FRIEDA women*’s center for events, discussions and as a meeting place;
- to contribute their thoughts and ideas about the work of the association and to request their discussion in the association meeting.
(2) The members of the association have the duty
- to pay a monthly contribution;
- to support the association according to their personal possibilities and
attend the club meetings.
(3) If necessary, association offices can be exercised within the framework of budgetary possibilities for a fee on the basis of a service contract or against payment of an expense allowance in accordance with §3 No. 26a EStG. The members of the association can carry out their activities for reasonable remuneration. The board of directors decides on paid work
§ 7 Bodies
Organs of the association are:
- the association meeting (general meeting/assembly of FRIEDA members)
- the board
§ 8 General Assembly
(1) The general meeting is the highest organ of the association.
(2) The general assembly is convened once a year. In addition, it can be convened by the board of directors or at the request of 40% of the association members by the board of directors to clarify pending questions.
(3) The board of directors invites you to the general meeting in writing at least 10 days in advance, announcing the agenda.
(4) Unless otherwise specified in these articles of association, resolutions of the general meeting are passed with a simple majority of the members of the association present.
(5) The general assembly only has a quorum if at least 1/3 of all members of the association are present.
(6) A record of the resolutions of the general meeting must be prepared, which must be countersigned by the chair of the meeting and the minute taker.
§ 9 Board of Directors
(1) The board consists of at least three members who act on an equal footing. He is elected annually by the general assembly.
(2) Board members can also be voted out or re-elected during the financial year. All decisions about the composition of the board of directors are made by the general assembly and require a 2/3 majority of the members present. The general meeting can decide that a simple majority is sufficient from the 3rd ballot.
(3) The board organizes and coordinates the association’s work between the association meetings. Decisions must always be made by at least two board members.
Section 10 Liability
The association is only liable with its assets.
§ 11 Dissolution of the association
(1) The dissolution of the association requires the approval of 2/3 of all registered association members.
(2) If the association is dissolved or if the tax-privileged purpose no longer applies, the association’s assets will go to the „International Women* Space e.V.“ project, which will use them directly and exclusively for charitable purposes.
We assure the correctness and completeness of the articles of association in accordance with Section 71 (1) sentence 4 of the German Civil Code.
The statutes were confirmed in this form by the general meeting of the association on May 22nd 2022.